Friday, September 14, 2012

Americans should hold themselves to a higher standard

As I watch our embassies and consulates being attacked in North Africa it leads me into thinking back to all of the men whom I remember as presidents.  That goes back to Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II and BHO.  I cannot recall any president being as disrespected as Obama.  The rest of the world watches us and sees weakness when so many Americans show total disregard for the man and the position that he holds.  I do understand that all presidents are subject to political turmoil and that each and every one of the above named had their faults.  But Americans need to think about this: If we cannot treat each other with decency and respect, how can we expect the rest of the world to do the same.  I believe that those protesters in Yemen, Egypt, Libya and Sudan see that we are not one and show no fear knowing that there will be those who cast a stone at BHO without even knowing the facts.  It is shameful that a presidential candidate would show so little class, so little compassion, to use the death of Americans to castigate the president.  I would expect a man who is seeking the highest office in our country to show decency and respect.  What kind of a president would this man be?  I, for one, do not want to find out.

No comments: