Monday, February 16, 2009

President's Day Part II "The Not So Wise"

Richard Nixon (1969-1974): "Well, when the president does it that means that it is not illegal."

William Jefferson Clinton (1993-2001): "That depends on what your definition of "is" is."

Ronald Reagan (1981-1989):"One problem that we've had, even in the best of times, is the people sleeping on the grates, the homeless who are homeless, you might say, by choice." --

Dwight Eisenhower (1953-1961):"Things are more like they are now than they ever were before."

Gerald Ford (1974-1977): "If Abraham Lincoln was alive today he would roll over in his grave"

But deserving of a book all his own is "W."

"We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made."

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican"

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."

" There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again."

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."

"And there is distrust in Washington. I am surprised, frankly, at the amount of distrust that exists in this town. And I'm sorry it's the case, and I'll work hard to try to elevate it."


"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

No comments: